UNIVERSITY MARYLAND GLOBAL CAMPUS, College Park, Maryland 2013
Doctorate of Management, focus on airline operations
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, College of Arts & Sciences, Washington, D.C. 1978
Master of Arts, Economics concentration in econometrics
Bachelor of Arts, Economics / Political Science
Part 107 Remote Pilot in Command
UAS Advance Piloting, Anne Arundel Community College
Private Airman Certificate
Distance Learning Accreditation Commission Certified Evaluator
UTAH ADVANCED MATERIALS AND MANUFACTURING INITIATIVE Feb 2020 – Present
Leader for Utah’s advanced materials and advanced manufacturing industry. Implementing $2.5 million Small Business Administration Regional Innovation Cluster program.
EMBRY RIDDLE AERONAUTICAL UNIVERSITY WORLDWIDE CAMPUS 2017 – Present
Adjunct Professor - Macroeconomics and Global Economics, undergraduate and MBA programs
NEXA ADVISORS 2008 – Present
Providing economic analysis and expert industry consulting for more than a decade.
· Example project: Conducted economic research supporting NASA Urban Air Mobility (UAM) Market Study, including business models for numerous use cases, which formed cornerstone of NASA’s UAM Grand Challenge program and provided forecast of demand for UAM services.
WOMEN AND DRONES 2019 - Present
Addressing workforce challenges with the goal of balancing the gender equation in the unmanned systems industry.
• Research in workforce issues found shortages in key skills, e.g. engineering, sciences, robotics, and software development
• Created industry Employment Board with services for job seekers, companies seeking to fill jobs, and educational programs to further job seekers’ careers. Employment board is a new source of revenue, projected to be $675,000 within two-years
• Developed STEM programs for the introduction of drones to girls as young a 5-years old, including holding workshops to teach educators how to introduce drones into the classroom and supporting the Utah Girls Scouts “Girls and Drones Day”
DESEREST UAS 2018 - 2019
Led Utah start-up facilitating rural economic development through promoting unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
• Secured $600,000 FY2020 funding from legislature
• Elevated Utah in the global UAS market through representation in high visibility industry events, hosting industry webinar, program development for the Utah UAS Summit, managing Utah Investor Briefings, and robust social media efforts
• Developed eight (8) grant proposals with Utah universities presented to Department of Homeland Security, Army Research Lab, Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) and National Science Foundation focused on applied research related to operation of unmanned aerial systems; proposals are still pending
• UDOT accepted Deseret UAS proposal to provide consulting services under the 2019-2022 General Engineering Services Pool
GLOBAL EAGLE 2012 - 2017
In-flight entertainment company for commercial airlines and corporate aviation seeking to develop new data products for improvement of airline on-time-performance.
Special Projects 2016 - 2017
• Led transition for the masFlight team of ten (10) and products after acquisition
President – masFlight (acquired by Global Eagle Entertainment) 2012 - 2016
• Commercialized cloud based big data software product for analysis of airline on-time performance
• Successfully sold company at 15x revenues ($30 million)